Thursday, October 1, 2015

THE-GARDEN-OF-EDEN



Peace. This essay begins with peace and ends with peace. Peace, peace, peace. No fighting. No arguing. No violence. No hitting. Respecting everyone, no one stepping out of bounds. Everyone protected. Police defending victims. Adonai's great almighty arm coming down from a cloud wrapping itself tightly around me and holding me up as I stand up for Kaddish and Amidah. Legs not buckling because of lack of strength: she's holding me up. My enemies are cursed. Loud offensive voices are silenced. Hebrew chanting begins...

G-d coming down from the heavens to walk with me everywhere. Strangers in the night running the other way, no ghosts, no beggars, women safe to go out at night, fences firm, boundaries kept, rules obeyed. Safety everywhere, safety in one's home, love abounding everywhere, honoring and commemorating each other, holy days celebrated.

Security and locks. Keys that never get lost or misplaced. Doors that do not open unless you open them. Gates that keep out thieves. No one stealing. No need for revenge or punishment. No one to get revenge against. G-d takes care of it all.

Shalom envelops my entire being, my entire environment. Hebrew Worship Chanting resonates through my very bones, G-d is inside my body and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment