Thursday, January 8, 2015

Waking Up With Wisdom: A Morning With a Sigh of Relief. Selah...

 
Hatzi Kaddish with billions in a minyan over Cyberspace, everyone in the world counts. Counting my lucky stars on the Havdalot, 3 stars in the sky, 6-pointed stars: Stars of Bathshebah, David's wife. She glows in every star in the sky, but all we need is 3: My mother and sister and me=3. Sisters all over the world, literate sisters, brain-active sisters, strong heart-pumping sisters, tefillin-donning sisters. Every morning w/o fail, waking up, "Modeh Ani. Shema Y'israel, Adonai Eloheinu, Adonai Ehad." Tallit Katan over head and shoulders, breathing deeply in gasps of strength as a result.

Freezing temps here in Chicago today, fingertips wrapped in tefillin leather cold, but heart is warm. Warm heart, good life. Golden tallit wrapped over shoulders with maroon bands, tzitzit in perfect shape, no tangling of tassles, no muss no fuss. Shining golden sitting on a throne, Moses was the leader: leading means fearing only God, and not fearing Moses. Awe coming in gentle breezes, escalating my heartbeat, heart throbbing in rhythm with the wind as it bends tall and brown as skeletal grass sways dormant out my window in the winter. Not fearing the wind, a blast of wind is a gentle gust when I am in sync with Wisdom, when I am in sync with Her. Cho-achma teaches me and I teach Her cho-achma. We are cho-achma together. Together every morning wearing tefillin tightly. Sigh of relief. Selah...

No comments:

Post a Comment